People had to be evacuated from their homes this afternoon after a fire broke out in a food pan.
Fire crews arrived at Asheston, Queensland Mill, just after 2pm on August 2, when a smoke alarm indicated that a Grade II * listed building had caught fire.
With a technical response unit from Ashton and a hydraulic platform from Oldham, engines from five different stations, Aniston, Hollins, Hyde, Masley and Steely Bridge, arrived on the scene.
However, when crews arrived, they discovered that the fire, which had started in a food pan on a cooker, had already been extinguished.
One woman, believed to have discovered the flames, was treated with oxygen therapy and inhalation of smoke.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Services (GMFRS) said: “Today, Monday, August 2, at around 2:15 pm, firefighters were alerted to a smoke alarm about a fire on Cavendish Street, Ashton Underline.
Fire engines arrived at the scene from Ashton, Hallens, Hyde, Mosley and Steely Bridge fire stations.
The fire included a food pan on a cooker and was out when firefighters arrived at the scene.
“Firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from breathing equipment, and a woman was treated by GMFRS personnel with oxygen therapy.”
Traffic on Cavendish Street was restricted earlier this afternoon, but the road is now free of traffic.
For the latest headlines, Sign up for our newsletters.